Buskers Enliven the Waterfront Auckland Anniversary Weekend
Wednesday, 7 December 2016
Press Release: Elephant Publicity
Media Release: For Immediate Release
Wonderfully Wacky Buskers Enliven the Waterfront This Auckland Anniversary Weekend!
Auckland International Buskers Festival 2017
27 – 30 January
Auckland’s Viaduct Harbour and CBD Waterfront
Enjoy breath-taking stunts, quirky skills and gut-busting comedy this Auckland Anniversary Weekend, when the Auckland International Buskers Festival returns to the Waterfront from 27 – 30 January 2017. Jetting in from around the globe, a host of brilliant performers will amuse and astonish all ages with world-class shows in the open-air!
This year’s performers offer a wide variety of skills including contortion, acrobatics, hula hooping, juggling, daredevil stunt work, slapstick comedy, unicycling, illusion, jump rope and even fire-lighting of the derrière!
With more to be announced, the acts so far include;
- Quatuor Stomp - A four-man comedy circus troupe from Canada, whose show brings an eclectic range of skills together from acrobatics to playing with fire!
- Alakazam “The Human Knot” – This jaw-dropping contortionist has performed in over 36 countries with his fast-paced, humorous and often risky performances.
- Duke Dreamer - An absurd and delightful performer, Duke transports audiences with his bizarre illusions, daring stunts and kooky humour.
- Mat Ricardo – The UK’s most successful juggler presents a quirky skillset with genuine danger, dexterous tricks and some of the best juggling audiences can see.
- Jamey Mossengren – Jamey’s sky high balancing skills have made him a 7-time world champion unicyclist! Honed over 26 years, his incredible talents make for a very exciting live show.
“Every year we search for a fantastic mix of charming, hilarious, daring and fun street performers from across the world to make the vibrant Auckland International Buskers Festival happen. We’re so delighted to be bringing this annual festival back, and love to see Auckland’s downtown bursting with life and laughter over the long weekend.” - Crackerjack Promotions Director, Pam Glaser.
Bring the family along for the daily shows running from 12 noon, or head to Market Square in the Viaduct Harbour for the exciting night show line-ups on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 7.30pm. Dig up those spare coins and notes, and head downtown to catch these wildly adventurous street performers!
Locations are spread across the Auckland CBD Waterfront and include; Wynyard Quarter, Market Square, Viaduct Harbour, Princes Wharf and Queens Wharf and Lower Queen Street.
Auckland International Buskers Festival
Fri 27 Jan – Mon 30 Jan 2017
Day Shows start 12 noon. Various Locations on CBD Waterfront.
Fri/Sat/Sun Night Shows start 7.30pm. Market Square, Viaduct Harbour.
Proudly brought to you by Auckland Council, Panuku Development Auckland and Crackerjack Promotions.